PDA

View Full Version : Can a man registered as father in Birth Cert for his mistress's child

RenMinBi
26-05-2006, 04:55 PM
This question just cross my mind yesterday.

Can a man registered as father in the Birth Cert of the child borne by his mistress.

Q.1 Assuming the mistress is a local.

Q.2 Assuming the mistress is a non-local.

Assuming his wife do not have objection and what happen if she object?

What will be the legald"]PS : None of my friend or me involved in such case. Just curious and kapo. [/COLOR] :D

Historyx
26-05-2006, 05:21 PM
If i am not wrong, for your two questions. It is YES.
Even if the guy is married, he can still register as the father.
Just can't marry the mistress.

asdfghjkl
26-05-2006, 05:24 PM
dun know about it but i know there are about 40 males in singapore who are practising polygamy.. they are all muslims by the way..

buzzing
26-05-2006, 05:41 PM
i dont think so, unless u r marry the girl (which means that u have to be a muslim).

i think u need to produce ur marriage certificate when you register the child.

and polygamy is illegal (unless u a muslim) in singapore.. can go to jail one... so dun play play...

to be sure, check with the register of birth and ICA..

cheers!!

Punder
26-05-2006, 06:02 PM
dun know about it but i know there are about 40 males in singapore who are practising polygamy.. they are all muslims by the way..

hi bro.

may i noe how u derive the figures?:)

Historyx
26-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Nope you don't need a marriage cert to register as the father. As long as the girl signs a form and acknowledge that the guy is the father. Yep. i know.

wahlau
26-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes you can register as the father as long as the child is born in Spore.

My sister-in-law did it. Only thing is can't legally marry.

The authorities closed one eye.

asdfghjkl
26-05-2006, 07:44 PM
may i noe how u derive the figures?

2003 still got 109, u can read at the dept of state report on sg, here is the link:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2005/51529.htm

sinner82
26-05-2006, 08:09 PM
This question just cross my mind yesterday.

Can a man registered as father in the Birth Cert of the child borne by his mistress.

Q.1 Assuming the mistress is a local.

Q.2 Assuming the mistress is a non-local.

Assuming his wife do not have objection and what happen if she object?

What will be the legald"]PS : None of my friend or me involved in such case. Just curious and kapo. [/COLOR] :D

Answer.1 Can.
Answer 2. Can also.
If the wife objects then she can take legal actions against the husband such as divorce.

You can register a baby for Birth Certificate to be the father or mother...
However if the father and mother is not married in the eyes of law, the couple will have to take a oath that says that the baby is theirs...

RenMinBi
27-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Thk all bro for sharing of info. :)

blackmore
28-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Curious question. Say the father can register the name of an illegitmate child on the Birth Cert.

Can the child take the Surname of the father or must take the surname of the mother. Since both are not legally married.

I heard from various conflicting sources about this one; so not sure whose's answer is right.

Reaper
28-05-2006, 03:54 PM
very simple....call lawyer or government authorities to check....:cool:

sinner82
29-05-2006, 01:48 PM
i had my daughter with my ex-gf back in 2002
she was a thai... we were not registered or married... my daughter's B.C was made in SG though she was not a citizen of singapore at that point of time... but i took an oath with my ex-gf to say that we were the parents of my daughter... the oath was taken in SIR building in lavender...

dna_gene
29-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Nope you don't need a marriage cert to register as the father. As long as the girl signs a form and acknowledge that the guy is the father. Yep. i know.

How you know, was it something that you did before? :eek:

buzzing
29-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I have this question... any someone please englighten me.

If the man is married, and the gf who is not singaporean, and baby born outside singapore.

Can they register the child? or can the child be registered to be a Singaproean?

If can... how?

thx..

sgsexman
29-05-2006, 10:03 PM
i had my daughter with my ex-gf back in 2002
she was a thai... we were not registered or married... my daughter's B.C was made in SG though she was not a citizen of singapore at that point of time... but i took an oath with my ex-gf to say that we were the parents of my daughter... the oath was taken in SIR building in lavender...

so is your daughter now a singaporean?
also what happen if something happen and DNA was tested and found out that the result does not match one of the parent, will SIR come after because you took an oath that she is your daughter?:D

sinner82
22-01-2007, 12:48 PM
sorry for the late reply... actually my daughter did not get singapore citizenship cause my gf wasnt married to me. Took the oath to let my daughter take my surname. A child will not be issed singapore citizenship even though he/she is borned in singapore. however i think the law may change soon cause of the IR thingy as singapore will soon be employing foreigners...