PDA

View Full Version : Things they teach in school these days...

perno81
15-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Hope no bro zaps me for starting a new thread but just want to share stupid things sillypore schools teach these days:

Was helping my bro study for bio the other day and he was telling me about his sexual education class, particularly the session on masturbation:

The teacher was telling the class that masturbation is bad because
a) leads to sterility; and
b) it is suspected that people who start masturbating tend to become rapists and molesters later in their life.

Maybe can continue this thread with other silly things we have been taught at school which we later learn is a pile of crap.

yanki1
16-05-2006, 09:01 AM
how can they say that.:mad: i mean its not recommanded that guys mast too much. but its a gd forms of release and after mast, dun u all feel very relax? i mean sometimes our urge is so strong but cannot find gf or wife for release, has no $ to get it done commercially, then mast is the only choice. i mean if we are so horny and dun get a release, is it more prone to rape and molest then mast? think about it:mad:

beck7777
16-05-2006, 09:09 AM
b) it is suspected that people who start masturbating tend to become rapists and molesters later in their life.

is that crap or wot? since when mast can lead to being molester or rapist?
tot it is a better way to release wotever urge we guys have? its safe n free!

wonder if the teacher got mention girls who mast tend to enjoy being molested or raped.... :D

yanki1
16-05-2006, 09:13 AM
is that crap or wot? since when mast can lead to being molester or rapist?
tot it is a better way to release wotever urge we guys have? its safe n free!

wonder if the teacher got mention girls who mast tend to enjoy being molested or raped.... :D

maybe that teacher is a female and she was molest or rape by someone who claims that he always mast:rolleyes:

obelisk
16-05-2006, 09:19 AM
maybe that teacher is a female and she was molest or rape by someone who claims that he always mast:rolleyes:

bro i think tt is a guy teacher whose face CMI and no money so lan lan can only mast himself everytime...:p

knight109
16-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Definately nowadays teachers telling crap to students.

Maybe she's one who masturbate too much...
Rapist thinking :)

bluezing
16-05-2006, 12:40 PM
i think the teacher dunno anything abt sex, anyhow teach... masturbation is not only a good way to relieve sexual urge, it also helps relieve stress... in fact, doctors also recommend regular masturbation! read wat this teacher said liao also tulan... :mad: think better go jerk off to relieve my anger... :p

Castrol
16-05-2006, 12:51 PM
think better go jerk off to relieve my anger... :p

hahaha... good one la bro... :D

yanki1
16-05-2006, 01:02 PM
i think the teacher dunno anything abt sex, anyhow teach... masturbation is not only a good way to relieve sexual urge, it also helps relieve stress... in fact, doctors also recommend regular masturbation! read wat this teacher said liao also tulan... :mad: think better go jerk off to relieve my anger... :p

wahahahaha u very funnie leh

jdi813
16-05-2006, 01:14 PM
... The teacher was telling the class that masturbation is bad because
b) it is suspected that people who start masturbating tend to become rapists and molesters later in their life ...dun mean to offend anyone or anything ya ...

but i would guess that the bio teacher is a christian and a damn uptight one at that :mad: ... haizzz the shit they teach nowadays ... here are some links (taken from yawning bread's blog) if anyone is interested to read them

How religious nuts will damage our economy (http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-577.htm)

Heresy in the Tree of knowledge (http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-572.htm)

Fools and fraudsters: sexuality education in Singapore (http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-543.htm)

Our Christian jihadists (http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2005/yax-489.htm)

siamcutey
16-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Hope no bro zaps me for starting a new thread but just want to share stupid things sillypore schools teach these days:

Was helping my bro study for bio the other day and he was telling me about his sexual education class, particularly the session on masturbation:

Maybe can continue this thread with other silly things we have been taught at school which we later learn is a pile of crap.

Tell us which school and which teacher.

I shoot 1 letter to MOE.
If no reply from MOE, I shoot 1 letter to ST Forum.

:D
Swee boh?

SC

beck7777
16-05-2006, 01:34 PM
dun mean to offend anyone or anything ya ...

but i would guess that the bio teacher is a christian and a damn uptight one at that :mad: ... haizzz the shit they teach nowadays ... here are some links (taken from yawning bread's blog) if anyone is interested to read them

sensitive remarks bro when it come to religion..
but then the teacher is really teaching crap!

jdi813
16-05-2006, 02:13 PM
... sensitive remarks bro when it come to religion ...yeah i know :o ... i've got nothin against them ... just statein my views ... cos have met a couple of these hardcore cases (thankfully only a couple) really spoilt my day... really teaching crap ...if there was any truth to it ... me and my kakis would be a bunch of sterile serial rapists by now :D

perno81
16-05-2006, 02:18 PM
The teacher is a guy - they separated the class into males and females so my bro has no clue as to what interesting stuff they thought the girls.

Won't disclose which school lah, I re-educate my brother than enough liao - though I had to be careful what I say.

I wonder if the teacher is a Samster, some people quite hypocritical one. Maybe it was the school's stance.

Ravenzou
16-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Well nowadays the teacher r laggin behind their peers as they invoke or mislead student to thier own belief rather than guiding and educate them properly. :( sad case

telling young people then wrong info also gives the bad mind set about them if they r not well info. TO mast. is no wrong or right but to tell ppl that doin it is bad is like tellin them haveing sex is wrong ? well mast and sex is only diff by some other factors and r the teacher tellin the truth and where is the proof of it i ask !!

For this is the case of self impose ideas on others who is still curious and innocent. prevent them to think and decide is the root cost of being a serial rapist or criminal for there is no proper education to teach them the way to the corect thinking ..

THATs my 2 cents of thinking
And FFFF those sell fish teachers

wilby222
16-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow did not know that the school is teaching this nowadays!

bluezing
16-05-2006, 04:16 PM
phew... "relieve my anger" with my own home made toy liao... :p

The teacher is a guy - they separated the class into males and females so my bro has no clue as to what interesting stuff they thought the girls.

if not wrong, the girls are usually taught on pregnancy, on their "big aunty", how to use the pad, etc... tats y sometimes after those lesson, can see the girl carrying a small paper bag. inside got free pads... hmm... how come they got free gift after such lesson, but we guys got nothing? if they got free pads, at least shld give us guys free condoms mah... :D like tat we won't get our classmates pregnant, rite?

beck7777
16-05-2006, 04:24 PM
phew... "relieve my anger" with my own home made toy liao...

if not wrong, the girls are usually taught on pregnancy, on their "big aunty", how to use the pad, etc... tats y sometimes after those lesson, can see the girl carrying a small paper bag. inside got free pads... hmm... how come they got free gift after such lesson, but we guys got nothing? if they got free pads, at least shld give us guys free condoms mah... :D like tat we won't get our classmates pregnant, rite?

the last thing the school wan is guys to have sex, regardless condom anot..
or maybe they scared the teachers use it themsleves instead! :D

itsabt6x
16-05-2006, 04:41 PM
......can see the girl carrying a small paper bag. inside got free pads... hmm... how come they got free gift after such lesson, but we guys got nothing? if they got free pads, at least shld give us guys free condoms mah... :D like tat we won't get our classmates pregnant, rite?
yaa...n they shld teach the guys how to use the cd n then get the class together (guys n gals) on what is safe sex......a live demo by the teachers (male/female) would be in order.....heeeheeehhheee.....

bluezing
16-05-2006, 05:53 PM
a live demo by the teachers (male/female) would be in order

and then the students must also have "pratical" lesson as well... :D

Kyser Soze
16-05-2006, 07:31 PM
and then the students must also have "pratical" lesson as well...

Yes, practical lessons!!! Aren't we always taught since young that practise makes perfect? :D

lady_08
16-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Teachers usually don practice what they preach. ;-)
I tell them drinking is bad.. I still drink.
I tell them not to surf the internet too much and wat am I doing? haah...

And sometimes its just the syllabus.
You can't tell the kids masturbation is good, do it more often. isnt it? ahah
But saying that masturbating young will lead to becoming molesters is a bit far fetched though.

MMM88
17-05-2006, 01:06 AM

Talk abt ignorant.....tis teacher ought to b SHOT.......bro...ur frienz shld report tis to MOE.......such teaching will do harm to "growing" teenagers....
tis teacher is unfit to teach...certainly not my kids .....
REPORT to MOE

MMM88
17-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Teachers usually don practice what they preach.
I tell them drinking is bad.. I still drink.
I tell them not to surf the internet too much and wat am I doing? haah...

And sometimes its just the syllabus.
You can't tell the kids masturbation is good, do it more often. isnt it?

So u r a teacher....dun u tink tat a teacher must b responsible in wat they teach .....i am pretty sure tis is not in the syllabus (MOE guideline).....
It is incorrect to "impose" ones tought in the minds of his/her students .....
dun u tink tis teacher shld b reported ........:mad:
if u do not WALK t TALK ...... tat does not implies tat they (students) "do not WALK t TALK" too yah....
jus dun like to see our kids been "corrupted" by TRASH.......:mad:

Krappy
17-05-2006, 03:46 AM
At least they stopped saying that you'll get hairy palms and go blind anymore...:p

lady_08
17-05-2006, 08:13 AM
hmmm. I do agree with u in some ways, that teacher shd be responsible in whatever they teach.

But like you said, they might not walk the talk too rite? Some of u had teachers telling you having premature/premarital sex will lead to bla bla bla... but..errr.. i'm sure most still did it, rite? :D

So in other words, I believe most teachers teach the supposedly "morally" correct stuff to "safeguard" themselves. And we don impose la.. We are not that overbearing..That sounds bad.. And the rest is up to the kids.

This is only my own humble opinion and it doesnt rep the thinkings of ALL the teachers in spore...haha

So u r a teacher....dun u tink tat a teacher must b responsible in wat they teach .....i am pretty sure tis is not in the syllabus (MOE guideline).....
It is incorrect to "impose" ones tought in the minds of his/her students .....
dun u tink tis teacher shld b reported ........:mad:
if u do not WALK t TALK ...... tat does not implies tat they (students) "do not WALK t TALK" too yah....
jus dun like to see our kids been "corrupted" by TRASH.......

jdi813
17-05-2006, 08:26 AM
... I believe most teachers teach the supposedly "morally" correct stuff to "safeguard" themselves ... And we don impose la ... We are not that overbearing ... That sounds bad ... And the rest is up to the kids ...since when is "masturbating causes sterility" considered morally correct stuff ??? hell since when in this time and age is masturbating considered immoral ??? Doesn't "masturbating will causes u to be a rapist and molester later on in life" sound like a warning to u to conform to the idealogy set out by the teacher ???

Sex Education is a grey area in MOE ... cos it's not part of the core syllabus and as such no one wants to make a firm decision on what to do about it ... basically it ding dongs around ... so who better to step in that some religious group (no mention of which ones here la) ... thus the promotion of abstinence and the harms of premarital sex, masturbation, contriception ... haizzz why can't they just stick to the facts and stop spreading funny facts based on their religious inclinations and ideaologies :mad:

lady_08
17-05-2006, 08:39 AM
haa.. don be so angry la! Sometimes its not up to us. Its the circumstances that we are in. We have to be careful of what we say to the kids. Lest they go home and tell their parents, "mummy, my teacher say we must masturbate. Its not sinful leh." (This is of cse the truth.. but then.....) haha..I think i need to be very worried abt my rice bowl.

Its definitely a grey area and most teachers are not comfortable with teaching sex as its still considered a taboo topic in our conservative society.

I said oredi mah.. wat the teacher said was a bit far fetched liao. Teach them the right things but just stop short of being too in depth. All of you learnt through trial and error too? din u? haa..

since when is "masturbating causes sterility" considered morally correct stuff ??? hell since when in this time and age is masturbating considered immoral ??? Doesn't "masturbating will causes u to be a rapist and molester later on in life" sound like a warning to u to conform to the idealogy set out by the teacher ???

Sex Education is a grey area in MOE ... cos it's not part of the core syllabus and as such no one wants to make a firm decision on what to do about it ... basically it ding dongs around ... so who better to step in that some religious group (no mention of which ones here la) ... thus the promotion of abstinence and the harms of premarital sex, masturbation, contriception ... haizzz why can't they just stick to the facts and stop spreading funny facts based on their religious inclinations and ideaologies :mad:

jdi813
17-05-2006, 08:56 AM
... don be so angry la! Sometimes its not up to us. Its the circumstances that we are in. We have to be careful of what we say to the kids. Lest they go home and tell their parents ... I think i need to be very worried abt my rice bowl ...no la not angry la ... just got harassed by a couple of "well meaning christians" couple of days back while out for lunch ... seems they were aquaintances of my fresns ... NB cannot even eat in peace nowadays ... tell me something like "lim peh buddhist so will go to hell unless i go their church and hallelujah with "their" god" ... piang eh such self righteous BS i had to put up with ... killed off my appetite... neber see any so many years liao thought these super on ones were extinct liao ... KNS my fren oso paiseh but i dun care fuck him another time after that on the way back to work ...

anyway i digress ... solly ...

yeah i know la being a teacher got lots of red tape nowadays and the parents are fast to complain ... but haizzz ... really wonder if the future generations will really grow up normal or have really warpped perceptions of these taboo subjects

beck7777
17-05-2006, 09:17 AM
no la not angry la ... just got harassed by a couple of "well meaning christians" couple of days back while out for lunch ... seems they were aquaintances of my fresns ... NB cannot even eat in peace nowadays ... tell me something like "lim peh buddhist so will go to hell unless i go their church and hallelujah with "their" god" ... piang eh such self righteous BS i had to put up with ... killed off my appetite... neber see any so many years liao thought these super on ones were extinct liao ... KNS my fren oso paiseh but i dun care fuck him another time after that on the way back to work ...

Religion.. sensitive topic again... but i get what u mean bro... i oso ganna such hardcore 1s before..

I rem gg to such a gathering cos my friend keep inviting me.. so i 'give face' and go see see loh..
tell u so much about their religion.. tell me about gg heaven.. all these still can tahan.. cos they believe in it so i respect that..
but the shitty things is when 1 of them start to insult our religion, saying bad things about it..
damn i was so pissed that i fxxk him on the spot!

so when teaching kids, its important to teach them FACTS n not what u believe in..

just MHO.. cheers! :D

SilverSurfer88
17-05-2006, 09:58 AM

WHat a load of crap! Dude - save the other kids and generations to come! Report the asshole teacher to MOE! Thus so-called bio "teacher" is most defintely NOT qualified to teach. Please write a strong letter to MOE regarding this teacher and complain - in fact, better still - go see ur MP and complain oso! YOur letter plus MP letter super power one! Imagine ignorant idiots like dat moulding young minds. Pui! Teachers should just teach FACTS! Not bully others with their beliefs.

newbadass
17-05-2006, 10:04 AM
but the shitty things is when 1 of them start to insult our religion, saying bad things about it..
damn i was so pissed that i fxxk him on the spot!

I'm supposed to be a Catholic, but I'm not as unpopular as some of my fellow Catholics are.

That's because I'm more interested in shoving my cock down the throats of WLs rather than shoving my religious beliefs down the throats of my brudders. :D

jdi813
17-05-2006, 10:35 AM
... That's because I'm more interested in shoving my cock down the throats of WLs rather than shoving my religious beliefs down the throats of my brudders ...good practice bro ... :) ... if only all of these hardcore dudes were hardcore in the "right" direction :D ... maybe the world would truely be a better place ... heaven on earth for maybe 20mins - 2hours a day ... wahahahahahahahahaha

dna_gene
17-05-2006, 11:14 AM

I think the real reason is that she has not been getting sex from her husband anymore and her husband only asked her to jerk him off whenever he's horny. So she started to hate masturbation and told her students masturbation is bad so that they wouldn't do it to their gf or future wife. You know how i know? Because she never say sex is bad!!! ^_^

beck7777
17-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I think the real reason is that she has not been getting sex from her husband anymore and her husband only asked her to jerk him off whenever he's horny. So she started to hate masturbation and told her students masturbation is bad so that they wouldn't do it to their gf or future wife. You know how i know? Because she never say sex is bad!!! ^_^

haha... maybe is like that sia... like i always tell myself, when boss is unhappy, usually is ganna reject for sex the previous night.. :D

beck7777
17-05-2006, 11:34 AM

haha.. maybe is really the case..

like i tell friends, when your boss is in bad mood in the morning, most prob is they were rejected for sex the previous nite..:D

blower
17-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Won't disclose which school lah, I re-educate my brother than enough liao - though I had to be careful what I say.

I wonder if the teacher is a Samster, some people quite hypocritical one. Maybe it was the school's stance.

I think it's the teacher who anyhow teach. Understand from a teacher friend of mine that the schools are taught how to conduct this lesson called sexuality package. My friend in charge of the this package in the his school, so I got chance to see his stuff...Nothing about masturbation leading to sterility. But I think there was something about addiction to masturbation MAY lead one thing to another. But the key word is MAY. Not every teacher also teach the kids like that...Remember, the country has abt 10000-20000 teachers. Sure got black sheep one...Cannot blame all the teachers because of a few.

lady_08
17-05-2006, 03:42 PM
errr not to worry la. I think they will do fine.. cos there's the internet and there's sammyboy.. haaa

yeah i know la being a teacher got lots of red tape nowadays and the parents are fast to complain ... but haizzz ... really wonder if the future generations will really grow up normal or have really warpped perceptions of these taboo subjects

lady_08
17-05-2006, 03:50 PM
The package teaches very basic stuff..Even comes with CDs tat made us laugh so hard. Its up to the teachers to decide if they want to go further into the topic. So i guess, that teacher went too far into the topic.. haa..

I rem, I was once asked to attend this course on how to teach sexuality ed. Went for one day, enjoyed it , i came back and the VP decided to take me out, cos she tot, i was too young to TEACH!! #$#$%!!! and she sent an old MISS to the course to replace me! See.. thats wat they are doin to the young kids....

I think it's the teacher who anyhow teach. Understand from a teacher friend of mine that the schools are taught how to conduct this lesson called sexuality package. My friend in charge of the this package in the his school, so I got chance to see his stuff...Nothing about masturbation leading to sterility. But I think there was something about addiction to masturbation MAY lead one thing to another. But the key word is MAY. Not every teacher also teach the kids like that...Remember, the country has abt 10000-20000 teachers. Sure got black sheep one...Cannot blame all the teachers because of a few.

Kyser Soze
17-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I rem, I was once asked to attend this course on how to teach sexuality ed. Went for one day, enjoyed it , i came back and the VP decided to take me out, cos she tot, i was too young to TEACH!!

Probably your VP afraid that the young boys will fantasize with you teaching Sex Education??? :D

Seriously, MOE needs to review their education package. I know there is little a teacher can do. But with infomation so easily available on the internet, I'm afraid what the school teach is far far far out-dated than the web can offer. Kids these days are very street smart. Remember we used to play one-leg/ zero-point, kids now play computers.

Almond
17-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Hmmm.. Reminds me of a story related by my friend long time ago...

She was in Technical Stream and her teacher was this geeky middle aged guy who always wore white long sleeved pin striped shirt, heavily oiled hair ala Brylcreem and gold-rimmed glasses, HOD of Science somemore.

One of their topics was the human reproductive system...

Teacher: Anybody know what sperm look like?
Students: No, teacher.... (Geh siao wan of cos.... Lol..)

Next day in Science Class.......

Teacher: Class, this is sperm.... (passes a small plastic canister around, those that are used to contain the film that we used for cameras before digital cameras came along.......):eek:

Personal opinion: EEEEEeEEEEeeeEEEeeEWWWwwWWWwwWWwSSSsSS....
Wonder if he PCC-ed in the morn into the canister...

Conclusion: Very dedicated Teacher indeed... :p

MMM88
17-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm supposed to be a Catholic, but I'm not as unpopular as some of my fellow Catholics are.

That's because I'm more interested in shoving my cock down the throats of WLs rather than shoving my religious beliefs down the throats of my brudders. :D

Bro .....me Catholic tooo .....firm believer not to mix religion with SEX.........:D

MMM88
17-05-2006, 05:34 PM
..Remember, the country has abt 10000-20000 teachers. Sure got black sheep one...Cannot blame all the teachers because of a few.

I am sure not all bros (including me) take it as "All Teachers"....jus target n weed out those "black sheeps".........these r t ones tat need "education" ...send them to reformative school....Whahahahah:D

Optimus_Prime
17-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Teacher: Anybody know what sperm look like?
Students: No, teacher.... (Geh siao wan of cos.... Lol..)

Next day in Science Class.......

Teacher: Class, this is sperm.... (passes a small plastic canister around):eek:

Conclusion: Very dedicated Teacher indeed...
Faintz !! Like dat oso can ah ?? :p

wonder did he sterilise the container's outside or not...

elvee123
20-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Yes, practical lessons!!! Aren't we always taught since young that practise makes perfect? :D

hahaha..when i was young.. i tot there's physics practical, chemistry practical.. r we gonna have bio practical when it comes to the topic about male and female's sexual parts as well?

haha.. too bad it nvr happen :p

knn03
20-05-2006, 08:26 PM
WHat a load of crap! Dude - save the other kids and generations to come! Report the asshole teacher to MOE! Thus so-called bio "teacher" is most defintely NOT qualified to teach. Please write a strong letter to MOE regarding this teacher and complain - in fact, better still - go see ur MP and complain oso! YOur letter plus MP letter super power one! Imagine ignorant idiots like dat moulding young minds. Pui! Teachers should just teach FACTS! Not bully others with their beliefs.

Maybe if the parents are willing to do more teaching on this area, then our kids will not have to learn wrong facts from teachers...
But, even if the parents are teaching, who knows what they will say...I am pretty sure the parent will also attempt to 'pass' their belief to their kids...so not necessary facts being passed down....
Having said so, i agree that the teacher should stick to correct fact and not add in his personal views. I just wonder what most parents will do if they found out that the teacher actually tell the students that masturbation is a good stress relief (like most bros here said)... I am pretty sure the complain letters will come swiftly....:D

plain
20-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Let me guess its a catholic school.

then countries are being run by masterbating politicians, ministers, senators !!

blower
21-05-2006, 04:48 PM
The package teaches very basic stuff..Even comes with CDs tat made us laugh so hard. Its up to the teachers to decide if they want to go further into the topic. So i guess, that teacher went too far into the topic.. haa..

I rem, I was once asked to attend this course on how to teach sexuality ed. Went for one day, enjoyed it , i came back and the VP decided to take me out, cos she tot, i was too young to TEACH!! #$#$%!!! and she sent an old MISS to the course to replace me! See.. thats wat they are doin to the young kids....

I think many teachers are still very uncomfortable teaching the package. My poor friend is in charge of planning the programme and deciding what lessons to teach for his school. He always complains that his colleagues are very uncomfortable teaching it...Poor fella...Always kenna teased by his colleagues, calling him a sex guru...And he's not even married...But he's still doing the package and conducting it...Really take my hat off him...That time he knew about some female students who were active in unprotected sex. He talked to them in a fast food restaurant and even showed them the gruesome pictures of genitals infected with STDs. Left the kids to decide on their own whether they still want to continue with that...Can't believe that he can actually talk to the girls about it...Asked him how he managed to get over the awkwardness, he said, a job that has to be done has to be done...Since the girls were into unprotected sex, it is his duty as a teacher to warn them about the dangers, regardless of whether they are male or female...No wonder the Pastoral Care HOD left the sexuality education package to him.