PDA

View Full Version : Best Car for a Date

scott-iD
13-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello bros,

Wanna seek ur opinions on which car u think is the best to use on a date for giving perhaps a good first impression? We're talking practicality: Most possibly just renting a car for a day or borrowing from a friend aka something middle lah like, Mazda 6? Dun tell me to go buy a Lamborghini Murcielago! :)

This thought came to me while planning for a date. Would also appreciate advice on where's a nice quiet place for makan, chat and perhaps more along the Thompson / YCK road / Jalan Kayu area on a weekday evening?

Many points for discussion, what i can only offer in return later is perhaps a juicy FR if everything goes right! :D

Thanks bros!

siamcutey
13-05-2006, 06:38 PM
If u think this way, Then I think u better buy a new car, if not you can forget about getting married:D

hahaha
SC

xiangso
13-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Get the most expensive car you can afford. Go for continental cars as they are less common. Suggest go to reservoirs to spend quality time finding out more about each other:)

ahpaul25
13-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Rent a BMW 330CI coupe......hehe :) Drive yr car at the seaview.......

just4fun
13-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Grab a van...will provide a gd place to make out if u r horny afterwhich...:D

stephan
13-05-2006, 06:46 PM
hahaha...bro,
I have never thinking of this kind of question. Well, since you have asked, I would prefer get a BMW, it would be good enough to "sian" most of the realistic gals...;)

AD69
13-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Bro Stephan,

Do you materialistic instead of realistic gals?

SassySammy
13-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Depends on the type of girl u wan to bonk (i presume tt u looking for fling/ons rite? cos if gf, then not practical to rent on every date??)

If ahlian pattern maybe tiong chia RX8 integra wrx will do the trick?

If high class pattern then bmw (like wad most bros here suggested) feasible la

If super model/actress/angmoh pai pattern then maybe open top continental cars? hehe

If xiaomeimei pattern, any car can liao :D

SingViet
13-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Don't mind me being crude..... if you don't own a car, then let it be. Why go rent a car just to sian char bo? Do you have the financial resources to rent car everytime you go out with char bo? If the gal likes you, she will like you even if you take the MRT. Only young boys can think of this............. u seriously need to grow up

daonterop
13-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I agree with the reply on top.

The best car for a date, is YOUR OWN CAR buddy.

Else, just rent any car. And tell her u happen to rent it.

That way, it does not create disillusion to her and yourself.

onion_rings
13-05-2006, 09:44 PM
"Kar la kiat" will be the best lah...Just like the the show "tian mimi" starring Leon Lai & Maggie Cheung...Just so romantic sia...:D

forumer
13-05-2006, 09:57 PM
why not consider a SUV? in case u wanna have fun in the car, got loads of space compared to sedan :)

SingViet
13-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Want to impress gal must rent above average car. I recommend you la. Not very expensive. Go to AVIS car rental and rent their 2005 MERC E200. Everthing in for 1 day is S$350. (without petrol yet).

If want to further impress, get yourself a PLATNIUM VISA or PLATINUM AMEX CARD. But of course, if you can qualify for that, u can surely afford a car.

Thirdly, put minimum 10 pieces of $100 notes and 2 or 3 $1000 note in your wallet.

With all these, u are ready to impress the gal. To be true, most gals gets attracted by MAN, not boys. :cool:

scott-iD
13-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far,

Hm didn't know i still sound like young boy sia. No lah next week OC's bday wanna plan something to surprise her mah, machiam first date liddat. Guess my trusty sunny will haf to do the job.

Speaking of which, i just might try taking the mrt to test waters.. wait keena slping on couch for 1 week den lagi best! :eek: Not so sure about the credit cards and cash in the wallet though..

Yar, BMW seems to be a popular choice so far..

Greatly appreciated :D

MrBeeRocks
13-05-2006, 11:10 PM
if you have access to a spare car (from a friend, family car etc), then use it... it's a little "staged" to actually rent a car to go on a date... don't you think??? more practical to take taxi... or even pre-book the cabs...

but if you are looking a fark mobile, then best to use your own car...

vesfreq
13-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Hello bros,

Wanna seek ur opinions on which car u think is the best to use on a date for giving perhaps a good first impression? We're talking practicality: Most possibly just renting a car for a day or borrowing from a friend aka something middle lah like, Mazda 6? Dun tell me to go buy a Lamborghini Murcielago!

u can check out honda car rental. can't remember the web url. They have rental centers .... but these are mostly in town. Returning the cars can be a pain in the a$$, when I was thinking about renting cars. There is a mandatory deposit too.

Or u can check out the classified ads (on saturday, i think). A mit lancer can cost about 80 bucks a day. Good for a day.

NTUC has their own car rental.

As for borrowing a mazda 6, if i were ur friend, i will never lend u .... cos' its too expensive to lend. Car in Singapore is like wife, honestly. Unless ur friend very good with you, don' bother. A new mazda 6 costs about 80k, while the older ones more than that. If you borrow and kenna the scratch in mscp, can even lose friendship.

I own a mit lancer 1.6 (m). When friend (not that close) suggested about using it to ferry his guests at his wedding, I was .... :mad: . Cos' he only invited me there in the first place and still dare to later ask me to help ferry pple. End of the wedding have to give ang pow.

Car like wife. Once u own one, u will know y lending to pple is .... like letting pple f ur wife. :(

AD69
13-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Bro Stephan,

Do you materialistic instead of realistic gals?Paiseh...missed out 1 word on the sentence. It should read as " Do you mean materialistic in stead of realistic gals ".

SassySammy
14-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Hm didn't know i still sound like young boy sia. No lah next week OC's bday wanna plan something to surprise her mah, machiam first date liddat. Guess my trusty sunny will haf to do the job.

Speaking of which, i just might try taking the mrt to test waters.. wait keena slping on couch for 1 week den lagi best! :eek: Not so sure about the credit cards and cash in the wallet though..

Bro u not scared she fall in love with the feeling of cruising in a beemer and start lookin for beemer owners? anyways, it's quite sweet of u to try give her the first date feel heh

siamcutey
14-05-2006, 01:22 AM
As for borrowing a mazda 6, if i were ur friend, i will never lend u .... cos' its too expensive to lend. Car in Singapore is like wife, honestly. Unless ur friend very good with you, don' bother. A new mazda 6 costs about 80k, while the older ones more than that. If you borrow and kenna the scratch in mscp, can even lose friendship.

I own a mit lancer 1.6 (m). When friend (not that close) suggested about using it to ferry his guests at his wedding, I was .... . Cos' he only invited me there in the first place and still dare to later ask me to help ferry pple. End of the wedding have to give ang pow.

Car like wife. Once u own one, u will know y lending to pple is .... like letting pple f ur wife.

If there is anyone who has frens owns mazda 6 and willing to lend out, please introduce this fren to me. i also want to be his fren.:D

Seriously unless for marriage, I don't see why anyone will want to lend his car to another fren to sian char bor. Because everytime go pak tor, must lend car, then car pay instalments for what?:rolleyes:

SC

scott-iD
14-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Bro u not scared she fall in love with the feeling of cruising in a beemer and start lookin for beemer owners? anyways, it's quite sweet of u to try give her the first date feel heh

Haha thanks,

Aiyah we are married for so long liao should do something surprising once in awhile to keep the spark alive.. take it as treating myself too! Haha as for the beemer owners.. i'm not sure if they'll want my wife cuz we're going to be grandparents soon.. :cool:

Yeps it is a little staged to really rent a car and everything.. think only after a couple are truly comfortable with each other and the relationship, den they can really appreciate such "surprises". But hey we were all young once! Maybe someday should start a new thread: What was the craziest things you have done to xian a char boh?

Okay, any suggestions for nice places in the Thompson / YCK Road / Jln Kayu area?

Thanks bros.

scott-iD
14-05-2006, 01:31 AM
I own a mit lancer 1.6 (m). When friend (not that close) suggested about using it to ferry his guests at his wedding, I was .... :mad: . Cos' he only invited me there in the first place and still dare to later ask me to help ferry pple. End of the wedding have to give ang pow.

Car like wife. Once u own one, u will know y lending to pple is .... like letting pple f ur wife. :(

Thanks bro for the sharing and advice on the various car rentals. Interesting view of car = wife.. i think many bros also share the same sentiments? My Sunny still okay lah.. but i think if i've an audi or higher, yar can understand why you don't want to lend it to others!

kye_76
14-05-2006, 01:43 AM
A decently nice Audi S4 or BMW M3 might do the trick.

I rented a Ferrari modena once for USD350 per hour and that was a bawling chick magnet. Riding from downtown LA to Santa Monica was excellent. Never fail to get chicks' attention.

There was also the funny side of things. I was driving and stopping by the a cafe for a drink. There were 2 girls sitting at the sidewalk when I pulled by them. Both looked at me and commented nice car. Then in 2 mins, a Lotus Elise pulled behind me. One girl went "Look another Ferrari!" I just went ballistic inside.

But my M3 works alright these days to pick up white trash. I love those trashy red-necks.

enzer88
14-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Bro,if possible rent a RX 300,classy and huge space for u to bang!!Nowsady SUV is consider a "In" car than BMW or Benz.....

faithevans
14-05-2006, 02:09 AM
make sure it's NOT a 2.4L RX300

:p

nokia8888
14-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I got Mazda 6, but not Mazda 6 SP:(

Jokes aside, it's a pretty nice car to bring a lady out with :)

nokia8888
14-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Bro,if possible rent a RX 300,classy and huge space for u to bang!!Nowsady SUV is consider a "In" car than BMW or Benz.....

Totoya Fortuner would make a better bet. It's like a tank and towers over all the other cars:D

oahpekahsom
14-05-2006, 02:58 AM

If you really wanan surprise ya OC, then a nice romantic dinner with flowers will do the trick. But ya must sms her the day before, and a few romantic sms on the actual day to build up the romantic moods, ya should know OC take a longer time to warm up...
Once during reservist in TUAS field camp i saw this couple drove up in a van. Then he pulled out a table from van and with candle lights and all the works...wao lao...then shiok seeing the van rock up and down later...of course all of us watch discreetly from afar..:)

It is not the car but the thots and efforts...all the best for ya hot date bro!

Penetrator3
14-05-2006, 03:50 AM
hey, i think it's sweet of ya to think of renting a car to bring ur date out. It's definitely not childish in my view, thou u should never do it all the time, ONLY on special occasion.

AND since u are so sweet in the first place, u shouldnt be thinking of bonking her WITH the car. That should be treated as a bonus!! :D

In any case, tell her u burned a hole renting that car to create the fairytale impression.... and convenience. Places like changi beach, fisherman's village and kent ridge park will be great chill out places with bottles of hooch and heineken from 7-11.

Good luck. :cool:

Klein76
14-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Maybe u can rent a Integra ;) it was voted as number 1 babe hooker car in sg ....lol ...

EricssonMan
14-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Maybe u can rent a Integra ;) it was voted as number 1 babe hooker car in sg ....lol ...
Wise choice........

Souledge
14-05-2006, 09:33 AM

good choice... but then again... it depends on the type of lady you are picking up...

-itr-
14-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't mind me being crude..... if you don't own a car, then let it be. Why go rent a car just to sian char bo? Do you have the financial resources to rent car everytime you go out with char bo? If the gal likes you, she will like you even if you take the MRT. Only young boys can think of this............. u seriously need to grow up

couldn't agree more to this!!

i just dun understand why would tons of guys would think MUST, Always need to drive some fancy cars to inpress the gers?

just be cool, be yourself , i have seen some gers with their b/f.. wa lau..
those ah.. see liao nose bleed one lah, then guess wot. they are on bus eleven..

thats the kinda of guys i would envy..

nothing .. just the old fashion charm they have...

if the ger you dating is evaluating you by wot kinda of wheels you have,
then you better drive her to marina south and align her..

then sayonara....

cherish
14-05-2006, 01:21 PM
erm.. maybe u can try looking at honda S2000.. a nice car with 2 seaters.. if i not wrong got convertable.. with class but not too expensive.. :p

King
14-05-2006, 06:15 PM
couldn't agree more to this!!

i just dun understand why would tons of guys would think MUST, Always need to drive some fancy cars to inpress the gers?

just be cool, be yourself , i have seen some gers with their b/f.. wa lau..
those ah.. see liao nose bleed one lah, then guess wot. they are on bus eleven..

thats the kinda of guys i would envy..

nothing .. just the old fashion charm they have...

if the ger you dating is evaluating you by wot kinda of wheels you have,
then you better drive her to marina south and align her..

then sayonara....
This i can only agree to the first half. I.e., Cant afford, dun rent to drive trying to sian char bo.
As for the 2nd part on the old fashion charm, IMHO, unless you are andy lau lookalike or you are rich enough to own a plat card at 18yrs old, else without a car, its always 2nd standing against those who does. Especially in a situation where both are on par, the next thing on sending a gal back, the competitor will always be the one who gets to ferry the gal back.
The matter of stability as well as the additional time he spends with her makes a big difference then one who can't afford a decent car, or worse! unwilling to fork out the $$ to pay for a decent car due to being a scrooge (it is quite obvious sometimes)!

2cents worth

alba
14-05-2006, 07:19 PM
If she likes you, she will not mind what kind of car you driving. Just choose a car you can afford and represent yourself. I agreed with cherish, a honda S2000 should be good enough.

SingViet
14-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Many points for discussion, what i can only offer in return later is perhaps a juicy FR if everything goes right! :D

Thanks bros!

You are going to write a juicy FR on what happen between u and your OC? Your poor wife, having such a kind of husband. You contradict yourself many times. The more you try to let others know your age, the worst you get. The latest being you are going to be `grandparents'? BOY BOY! No need to try to cover up your age, people can judge you from the way you write and the mentality you have :cool:

scott-iD
14-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey,

Thanks all for the encouragement bros.. yes i agree that the SUVs are kind of the 'in' thing at the moment.. the RX 300 is a very nice car. Perhaps the toyota Rav4 too?

There seems to be a misunderstanding somewhere bro SingViet, and i beg for your forgiveness. We haven't bonked in the car before, so i guess it would be quite something to post a FR, no?

Sorry.

foolish_
15-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey,

Thanks all for the encouragement bros.. yes i agree that the SUVs are kind of the 'in' thing at the moment.. the RX 300 is a very nice car. Perhaps the toyota Rav4 too?

Bro, before you start spending the money, please do find out if your OC is into bonking in a car. I guess you should know better than anyone of us. It can be very disappointing when you spend so much money and effort and she turned out to be those who don't feel comfortable at all in making out inside a car in public. :)

zhivago
15-05-2006, 08:32 AM
if u thinking of getting a SUV to sianz char bor, then the Cayenne T, Lexus RX 300, BMW X5, BMW X3 and the Alphard are very good choices and sure to impress them.

If ur lady is the type who love fashion and shopping, then go for the Toyota MRS, Honda S2000, Honda Integra DC5 Type R, Audi TT, Mazda RX-8 or a Mitsubishi Evolution 9. These will sure make ur gal melt.

A successful career lady will probably choose if u go pick her up in Mini Cooper and the Volkswagen Beetle or an Audi A4, BMW M3, BMW M5, Mercedes CLS 350 Coupe .

A down to earth gal will love it if you just go pick her up in Protons, Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Honda City, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Vios, Mazda Sentra, Mazda 3/6 Mitsubishi Lancers.

Just my 0.002 cents... Hope it helps.

Cheers

beck7777
15-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Should the judge u for what car u drive then forget abt it.. go find some1 else who dun mind taking train or cab with u..

today she want car u get car, tml she asking for BMWs or Mrecs or Audis...

just move on man.. love is not judge by wot car u drive...

yanki1
15-05-2006, 08:56 AM

hanor. then for your subsequent date, will u go rent a car again?:confused:

ktmposer
15-05-2006, 09:20 AM
You are going to write a juicy FR on what happen between u and your OC? Your poor wife, having such a kind of husband. You contradict yourself many times. The more you try to let others know your age, the worst you get. The latest being you are going to be `grandparents'? BOY BOY! No need to try to cover up your age, people can judge you from the way you write and the mentality you have :cool:

I agree with SingViet. We can tell ur age by your language. Look, there is a lot of contradictions in ur post and we can tell. U change ur stories here and there but you still use the same tone. YOUNG BOY TONE.

Anyway, get a life coz, im a ktm rider. And ktm attracts chickees. BUT, i don't date gerls by giving em a ride on it. I take e bus and look average. See if u wanna impress gerls, impress them by who u r not WAT U HV.

If u do dat, e world has 1 lesser geek on it.

blackheart
15-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Dear all brudders,

I hope that before you guys start firing off your salvo at this poor guy, kindly read through what he has mentioned in detail first. He has already said in subsequent post that he wanted to rent a car in order to spice up the atmosphere on his WIFE'S birthday.

Whether or not he is telling the truth is immaterial. Quarrels usually occurs due to misunderstanding and wrong assumptions. Hope that all brudders will exercise more restrain before firing off.

To bro scott-id, renting a car might be a good idea but do check if your wife is comfortable doing it inside the car. From my experience, many older and mature ladies don't really take a fancy to such things.

Wish you luck.
Blackheart

SassySammy
15-05-2006, 09:35 AM
the loser who zapped me w/o leaving yr name so that i can return the favour, continue hidding behind your computer screen and whine like a baby anonymously. u have no balls. May u have bad sex thru'out the whole yr. :D

oakleyeug
15-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Frankly u wanna juz bonk her or get serious?

If you wanna juz bonk then I suggest you gather some of your rich friend, borrow from them their car for a day that will do magic.

I did see b4 my friend drove a Toyota 1.6L fully mod (car belongs to another friend), first few meeting that gal not impressed then 5th or 6th meeting he drove out his real car (Audi A6). That gal cannot tahan so did my friend...

Brought her to Hotel and then after that gave her $50 to take taxi back stating he has something urgent to attend to (beer session with my gang), after that no matter how that gal ring him he would not pick up the phone...

oakleyeug
15-05-2006, 09:55 AM
He has already said in subsequent post that he wanted to rent a car in order to spice up the atmosphere on his WIFE'S birthday.

Noted....

Get a presentable car like Subaru TS 1.6L should be enuff (S$60) Do not know where I last saw it..

beck7777
15-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Hello bros,

Wanna seek ur opinions on which car u think is the best to use on a date for giving perhaps a good first impression? We're talking practicality: Most possibly just renting a car for a day or borrowing from a friend aka something middle lah like, Mazda 6? Dun tell me to go buy a Lamborghini Murcielago! :)

Thanks bros!

well in his 1st post he stated nothing but just wanna make good impression..

only in the 2nd post did he mention OC..

but if really meant for his wife bday then i tink maybe a mazda 6 will do just fine...

scott-iD
15-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Greatly appreciate the feedback,

Yes bro blackheart and bro foolish, it is more for the occasion, rather than having the bonking in mind. I have to agree bonking in the car is a delicate subject; even if my oc is in the mood for it, i dunno if my bro can rise to the occasion cuz i'll probably be checking if anyone is coming! :eek: Of cuz if everything goes right and small head rules over big head.. then i think it might be a very memorable day for the both of us.

Bros got face such a situation before? Or all you strong young lads are on standby duty 24/7? :)

Haha i liked what bro oakleyeug shared abt that toyota - audi encounter. As what bro -itr- mentioned, that guy indeed went to 'align' her then sayonara.. Btw, i saw in an email once how to position ourselves so that bonking is possible in a Mini. Interesting yar?

sexkingkl
20-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Best Car for a Date

http://Serv1.imagehigh.com/files/ih000001/8661_1.jpg
http://Serv1.imagehigh.com/files/ih000001/4727_2.jpg

Remember To "Up" My Reputation Points , If You Like , What I've Contribute ... ('',)

perno81
20-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Please lah, the Rolls Royce Corniche looks like a coffin on wheels. Don't think it's the best car on a date. If you want a Rolls, get a phantom, and a chauffeur.
The Ferrari 360 is pretty good, but yellow is not really for me. If one really has the money, the ultimate car for a datein my opinion is the Aston Martin DB9.

http://a137.g.akamai.net/n/137/3538/20040105181217/www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2004/detroit/coverage/images/04_astonmartin_db9coupe_frontangle_cs_430.jpg
You can't go too wrong if James Bond drives the car.

For a more affordable car, I would go for the Mazda RX8. Think the exterior is really cool and a very value for money sports car. Saving my bucks for this car right now!
http://www.rx8-tuning.com/images/mazda_rx8_tuning_renesis_b.jpg

For a tighter budget, I think the Suzuki Swift is a good car to recommend.

But like what other bros said earlier, the best option is to go in your own car. The girl's got to see the real side of you.. If she's the right one, even an MRT will do.

tuo luo
20-05-2006, 10:24 AM
best car for a date indeed!

vesfreq
09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
If there is anyone who has frens owns mazda 6 and willing to lend out, please introduce this fren to me. i also want to be his fren.

Me too. :p

But, not just mazda 6. It has to be a mazda 6 turbo. Drive with more kick. :)

vesfreq
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
For a more affordable car, I would go for the Mazda RX8. Think the exterior is really cool and a very value for money sports car. Saving my bucks for this car right now!

For a tighter budget, I think the Suzuki Swift is a good car to recommend.

But like what other bros said earlier, the best option is to go in your own car. The girl's got to see the real side of you.. If she's the right one, even an MRT will do.

Actually, you are absolutely right about the rx-8. Cat A coe + 1.3litre road tax. But, fuel consumption a bit steep. Then again, save on road tax, so not too bad.

I was also thinking about the rx-8 a while back, then thought a bit dangerous to park in mscp, cos' cannot tell if some mad looney vandal perform some grafitti on the car.

The tuscani sports coupe also not bad. It doesn't have the rx-8 cool factor. For the price of a tuscani, can also consider a 2nd hand rx-7 also selling about 70 plus.

laodi123456789
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
The best car to rent is one your wife told you she likes

kukuoo
10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
For me, I will choose BMW 7 Series. Comfort wor =D

jeronimo
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I did see b4 my friend drove a Toyota 1.6L fully mod (car belongs to another friend), first few meeting that gal not impressed then 5th or 6th meeting he drove out his real car (Audi A6). That gal cannot tahan so did my friend...

A very rich campmate of mine back in the 80's did that too.
Dated a girl in a very old Datsun which incidentally was rented. The girl was very nice and appreciated him and not his car.
In the end of the day, when he was certain she was the one, he turn up in his "old horse" and proposed to her. But he had a hard time pacifying her on the reason why he did that hocus pocus thing