PDA

View Full Version : Need advice... is it for real or a prank?

incestisgd
25-01-2012, 10:15 AM
hi bros...

really need help and advice from the experienced bros here...

it happened last wed... i went into craiglist and saw a post offering sensual massage.
so i messaged that girl... and after a few exchanges, she said she is only 16yo.

almost immediately, i told myself... cannot any how whack la... but she was pretty persistent in offering her service and also looked very desperate for cash.

so i decided to tell her we will just meet for movie.
but she still continued to offer her services... then i decided that i will just meet her for coffee... i thought... should be safe enough...

not long after that, i received a message from another number... saying that he is her dad... and he saw the messages and want to report me to police.

true enough... abt 1 hr later... i got a call from a guy saying that he is a police officer... and he want to ask me some questions regarding this case.

but i was really busy that time, so i told him i will call back later.
when i called him later... he asked me a few more questions. and when i told him i needed to rush off... he gave me an appointment time to go down to the police station to record my statement.

i agreed... and i asked him to text me his name (so that i know who to look for)... he sounded reluctant and said he will call me again the next day.

but i didnt hear from him after that. in fact, i waited outside the station for 1 hr.... he didnt pick up his phone.

i decided to go home instead... and for the past few days... i just couldnt get him... his phone is either not in use or nobody pick up...

my question... is this guy really from police or it is a prank to scare me?
1) he used his handphone number to call me....
2) couldnt get him ever since then....

please advice bros... especially those of you who have all the experiences...

FirstTimeUser
25-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Dont worry too much. It is a scam! There was one thread just like this some time ago. Ignore the 'officer', 'parent' and 'girl'. And don't transfer any money over to them. You can always threaten to call the police if they persist in disturbing you. Happy CNY!

incestisgd
25-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Dont worry too much. It is a scam! There was one thread just like this some time ago. Ignore the 'officer', 'parent' and 'girl'. And don't transfer any money over to them. You can always threaten to call the police if they persist in disturbing you. Happy CNY!

thanks bro.... you really put me at ease :)

iceman1314
25-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Bro don't fall for it. It's a scam, police don't catch ppl using their handphone, all they want is to scare you into parting with your money

guowei8
25-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Why i dun have this kind of fun? I like to play their game and beat their game!

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-01-2012, 11:28 AM
It's real la ..
The police want to catch u for seeking sexual demands from the underage. You die liao :eek:
Unless you transfer money to the "police" then problem solved.
Have you done yet ?

Apocalypse
25-01-2012, 11:39 AM
you can always check with batman. :D

owl888
25-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Can u share this guy's name & number so as it serve a warning to bros here? Thank you :)

Xgenre
25-01-2012, 11:47 AM
You should go to the police to make a report against him. It's to protect yourself. Sometimes the first person to make a report is given the benefit of doubt. Please never use SMS to strike deals. It could be used against you. Always negotiate through a voice call. Safer.

loneyheart
25-01-2012, 12:01 PM
This was a very old trick .....Now t Dragon has arrived ..... just show them yr DRAGON POWER ...... ask them to transfer his $$$ to yr a/c instead if not u will report them to t police :D Huat Arrrr Happy CNY

Benong1975
25-01-2012, 12:29 PM
This was a very old trick .....Now t Dragon has arrived ..... just show them yr DRAGON POWER ...... ask them to transfer his $$$ to yr a/c instead if not u will report them to t police :D Huat Arrrr Happy CNY
yes,show them ur dragon side kick.....:D

darrendon
25-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Report to police and pass his mobile number along with the girl contact. This should teach them a lesson.

Humanity
25-01-2012, 12:49 PM
For those who encounter this scam in future, juz reply the so called police officer "what a coincidence, i'm from CID, which Police Division are u from?" :D :D

As for the dad "Thanks for saving me the trouble as my colleagues are on the way to place ur daughter under arrest for a Cheating case and we need her parent to bail her out later" :D

5ag1_Boar
25-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Humanity, good one!!!

Apocalypse
25-01-2012, 07:01 PM
For those who encounter this scam in future, juz reply the so called police officer "what a coincidence, i'm from CID, which Police Division are u from?" :D :D

As for the dad "Thanks for saving me the trouble as my colleagues are on the way to place ur daughter under arrest for a Cheating case and we need her parent to bail her out later" :D

say CPIB better.... now all panicking when hear the word CPIB.

zyspt
25-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Since you at the station, might as well file a report since nothing illegal happen between you and the girl at the first place.
give the police the number of the girl, the father and the so-call officer let them investigate.
this incident sound like those blackmailing cases, the one impersonating the officer can get charge with a heavy sentence.

Sirrus
25-01-2012, 09:48 PM
hi bros...

it happened last wed... i went into craiglist and saw a post offering sensual massage.
so i messaged that girl... and after a few exchanges, she said she is only 16yo.

almost immediately, i told myself... cannot any how whack la... but she was pretty persistent in offering her service and also looked very desperate for cash.

but she still continued to offer her services... then i decided that i will just meet her for coffee... i thought... should be safe enough...

not long after that, i received a message from another number... saying that he is her dad... and he saw the messages and want to report me to police.

true enough... abt 1 hr later... i got a call from a guy saying that he is a police officer... and he want to ask me some questions regarding this case.

when i called him later... he asked me a few more questions. and when i told him i needed to rush off... he gave me an appointment time to go down to the police station to record my statement.

i agreed... and i asked him to text me his name (so that i know who to look for)... he sounded reluctant and said he will call me again the next day.

but i didnt hear from him after that. in fact, i waited outside the station for 1 hr.... he didnt pick up his phone.

i decided to go home instead... and for the past few days... i just couldnt get him... his phone is either not in use or nobody pick up...

scam big time. u never touch her so no crime commited. talk doesnt = into action

skele
25-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Don't worry bro, I think it came out in the news before too. It's a 100% scam.. No policeman would call you with their own hp I think ? And furthermore if they ever give u some stupid rank and name make sure you meet them at the station itself and not transfer money without even meeting and even so the policeman shouldn't even be asking for money. Just report him for bribery lol

CyanogenMod
25-01-2012, 10:08 PM
1. impersonating police officer.
2. underage soliciting.
3. with intention to blackmail.

All serious offence :eek:

sedulous
25-01-2012, 11:08 PM
You should report the matter to the police.

ah_heng81
25-01-2012, 11:55 PM
hi bros...

Guess you was almost CON

lover.shitskin
26-01-2012, 02:28 AM
hate them scammers

Stud00
27-01-2012, 02:48 AM
TS, you should just lodge a police report.

This is a serious matter. Such ASSHOLES should be dealt by the law.

Do yourself and the bros here a favor, lodge a report.

incestisgd
27-01-2012, 04:14 PM
thanks for all your advice.

well.... to answer some of you... no... i didnt get con into parting my money.
but i have to admit that when i first received the call... it did scared me a lot.

but not because i am afraid that something will happen to me... i know i am pretty "safe" because i didnt do anything with her... but i am more concern with getting my family involved... so thats the reason why i am still hesitating on whether to make a police case or not....

Omegan
27-01-2012, 04:25 PM
bro you should really report to police and assist them in their investigation, you never really did anything wrong in the first place.

The thing with scams is that it's a numbers game. You happen to be just one of those dudes who responded to it. They dangle the carrot to maybe like 1000 ppl. But 900 of them are like bros here, they know it's a scam! So 100 will be like you, half believe half don't believe. Out of that maybe 10 will be successfully conned of their money, once. 1 of them might be repeatedly conned again and again.

These scammers work like a syndicate, and they have systems and training and protocols in place to do their job. It's just like a business to them.

You managed to escape this time thanks to the good advice offered by bros here. Spare a thought for others who have fallen to their tricks.

calvintan123
27-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Dun waste time going police, theses scammers get prepaid card register by bangalas or ah tiong kias...report also no use.i can easily get such cards in simlim, bedok or amk Ares, cost only like 40bucks .
If u dare , pretend to jio them out to give money then get a grp friend wack them and extort bk money fm them else u send them to mata...give them a taste of their own meds.

LazyCat
30-01-2012, 03:00 PM
bro incestisgd,

don't worry so much. this is scam.

You didn't touch the lady so no crime was committed. 16 years old will fall under woman charter.

Officer from SPF will definitely give you the name, rank, department and which Land Division when they want to take your statements. You will need this information to look for the IO (investigation officer), how else to conduct the "interview"/"interrogation" without knowing who to look and talk to!!!

Statement are only taken when thing have happened... Not before.

Hope these helps

Cheers !!!