PDA

View Full Version : Wanna 'Eat Outside', you need to be a'lil bit more tech savvy...

physco28
05-01-2012, 01:54 AM
After reading thru 'maxpee88' interesting post ' Part 1. Telltale Signs your phone is being tracked '...

IMO, I'll like to share some of my own tips on today's 3G smartphone and Laptop...

Let's face it, majority of sillypore's women are dumb, i meant 'technologically dumb' of course if she's working in comms or IT department then will be an exception. (sorry if i offended somebody, it's ok if i'm being flamed... I'm a straight person)

The only way she can be that 'smart' overnight is of course someone who is tech savvy is helping or teching her how to become 'Splinter Cell' and plant bots/bugs/trojans etcs in your iphone and laptop to track you with your fling.

(Sidenote: Well if she's working in the comms or IT dept, then ur screwed... If she done her homework/research on the net then ur screwed too... If you teach her b4 how to become more then average tech savvy, then you've screwed yourself...)

One example, my ex-wife likes to compare me with her faggoty fling who works in some business dept. One fine day she says, ' My fling is more tech savvy then you, he can install MS Office 2010 on my laptop and get it working w/o a cd-key '. I can't help it but went into my room and literally ROFL... Well I said, ' Ooooo he is so smart... my 10yr old cousin can install Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 w/o cd-key on his Alien Ware too !! '. What a dumbass... C'mon with todays hi-speed internet and bit torrent, any tom, dick & harry could do that too...

IMO, if your wife/gf had become so 'tech savvy' overnight and can plant bots/bugs/trojans etcs in your iphone and laptop to track you with your fling. then it's all out war against that someone who is helping her out...

But no harm too to be a tad more tech savvy to safe guard your personal datas in your iphone/smartphone and laptop against today's cyber theft...

Here are some pointers to share...

1. If you gonna buy a laptop, get a Macbook... laptop with Win 7/Vista have
a habbits of leaving behind some bits and pieces of stuffs after you surf
the web, work on some documents or un-install some programs.

2. Use Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome to surf sammyboyforum or do online
transactions, they have WAY BETTER CONTROL over internet
cookies and histories then IE (I can't stress this enough). In layman
terms, they can completely clear/delete cookies and histories as compare
to IE which still leaves bits and pieces here and there after you though
you have cleared the internet histories.

3. Do the same for you iphone or smartphone, always clear cookies and
histories to protect your credentials.

4. Know your hp and laptop well enough. Always check now and then for
unfamilar softwares that have installed them self into it or any particular
strange behavior that they've shown. (eg: For my nokia N8,
I always set my data connection to off mode to save battery and when
ever a data connection is needed by some application, it will seek my
permission to allow data connection to be established, I can even check
on an active data connection to see which application is using it now)

5. Get Anti-virus/anti-spyware for you hp and laptop, they can detect
trojans & spy-ware effectively. For smartphone, i recommend Kaspersky
Mobile and for laptop, i recommend either Panda Cloud Antivirus or AVG
2012 as they are FOC.

Hopes the above pointers do help... Happy holidays and festive seasons everyone...

kenta
05-01-2012, 02:01 AM
well planned and said but you left out http://www.starhub.com/mylocator.html

Johnston
05-01-2012, 02:07 AM
One fine day she says, ' My fling is more tech savvy then you, he can install MS Office 2010 on my laptop and get it working w/o a cd-key '. ..

*scratches head - thats no big deal, someone who can gimmick up an Xbox360 to defend against the MS Banhammers is much much more tech savvy that that//// :rolleyes:

Peaceful advice to all: no matter how clearly you clear your histories: remember the old chinese saying: want nobody to know, best is not to do it at all.... somehow somewhere there is a record and someone can pull it out....

Psst: for those who are Conspiracy Theorists enough, WHO do you think makes av software and do you think the Federal Government would be so stupid to sell you encryption/software that they themselves couldnt break....:D

The safest method against defending against all this Phone Crap is simple as pie: use tried and tested method of AT LEAST 2 phone and /or use landlines for comms.

Damn i gotta put an extra layer on my tinfoil hat now :rolleyes:

physco28
05-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Well... who makes anti-virus softwares are virus programmers they themselves... so that the whole world would know a new and more powerful virus had surfaced and anti-virus makers (which is also the virus programmers themselves) can release a newer state-of-the-art anti-virus software to counter the new virus... which the whole world would buy their new anti-virus software and they will be earning big bucks... *sigh* even my 10 yr old cousin knows that...

Coronet Peak
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing.